Fort Canning Wedding and Staycations


About 3 months ago I was invited for a staycation at Hotel Fort Canning as well as check out their Wedding Show and I was so excited to be given this opportunity as I've always been keen on staying at HFC. This iconic heritage boutique has just 86 rooms and is located at the heart of the city, Orchard & Clark Quey area.
 

 I really like the outlook of the hotel. The British colonial architecture just has this charm that I can't resist.
 
& did you know, Hotel Fort Canning is the winner of the 2014 World Luxury Historical Hotel Award?
 
*claps*



Waiting to be checked in and it was done in just 15 minutes.



& here's our room for the night!
 

The sexiest bathroom ever.
 

Couldn't wait to jump into the tub for a relaxing warm bath.
 
 
 
The bed was so inviting and I wanted to take a nap first but we needed to fill our tummies before doing so. I just can't peel myself away from hotel beds.. I don't know why.

 
"Give me 5 more minutes ok?"
 


We headed over to The Glass House for a meal and we were starving!
Haven't eaten since morning so we ordered quite a bit.
 

The Glass House restaurant is a modern asian bistro that offers pretty pocket friendly dishes ALL DAY. On top of all of that, we even add on a pizza because we were THAT hungry and yes, we managed to polish everything off the plates.
 
Went back to our room and we slept for a good 2 hours.
 

& here's an OOTD before we headed down to the busy Orchard road for some last minute Christmas shopping!
 

The location is really ideal, it isn't right smack in the middle of Orchard Road where it may be a little too crowded and loud but yet it isn't too far a walk from all the shopping malls too! We were lazy to walk so we took the mrt from Dhoby Ghaut, just 1 stop and we alighted at Somserset station.
 

It was a pity we didn't get to use the pool though, look at it!! How inviting right?

I really hope to be back to Hotel Fort Canning for another staycation and I will utilize the pool this time round. If you are looking for a romantic weekend staycation with your partner, remember to check out Hotel Fort Canning!
 
 The next day, we woke up all excited for the wedding show.
 

 
As most of you may already know, I'm planning to get married next year but I've yet to start searching for a venue to hold my wedding! A totally clueless bride here, so I was glad that Hotel Fort Canning's wedding show gave me a clearer picture of what I want or do not want at my wedding.
 
 
One of the highlights is definitely the Garden Terrace area.
 
 
It would be the perfect place for a garden solemnization.
 
So romantic and pretty.
I can so picture myself saying "I do" here.
 
 
Here are 3 pictures I found online, credits to the photographer & the couple.
 
It was the perfect setting.
 
 
 
& come nighfall, this is how the garden terrace looks like.
I absolutely love fairylights, it is just a stunning picture.
 
So there are a few themes from the wedding show that couples can pick from & let's start with the grand one.
 
Summer Love @ The Grand Marquee.


This is the largest air conditioned & sheltered marquee in Singapore that is able to fit 50 tables.


Unlike traditional wedding ballrooms where it is just filled with dozen of round tables, the long tables are out to play in this Summer Love theme.
 
It is the perfect setting for a grand romance, really appreciating the row of chandeliers hanging above the aisle.
 

A close up at the table decorations.
Am in love with the tiffany chairs.
 


& here's the set up of the long tables.
 
 
*
 
 
Now let's move on to something more flamboyant.
 
Red Splendour at Legends Ballroom.
 

This bold setting is definitely for those who are into the glitz and glamour.
 

"A spectacular contrast and captivating ambience, evoking an exquisite affair to remember."
 


*



& then we have the Royal Luxe at Lavender Ball Room.
  

This set up reminds of me the Disney film, Beauty & the Beast.
I'm not sure why but it just does.
 
"Understated grandeur intertwined with majestic and royal purple hues, this setting evokes effortless elegance for a sophisticated and truly breath-taking wedding."
 


*
 


& lastly, we have the Sweet Romance at Lavender Ballroom.
 

A wedding fit for a sweetheart. I like how even though pink seems to be the main color here, it isn't over girly and still able to appear really classy.


"Sprinkled with a whimsical and fairy tale touch, this enthralling concept is teeming with gorgeous ombre and layered silhouettes of vivacious bouquets. An enchantment that turns moments into memories."
 


Well, even though these themes are pre-designed, you don't have to worry if you want to change your mind about some of the decorations or center pieces because they are all personalizable.
 
I told SX I really dream of having a garden solemnization and my heart has already been won over by Hotel Fort Canning. But of course we will still be looking at other options before making our decision but the Hotel Fort Canning is definitely one of our few choices!
 
Right now, there is a special SG50 promotion going on until the end of 2015, where a S$50++ will be rebate from each table!
 
 
There's another wedding showcase coming up just next week so be sure to register early as there are limited seats available!!
 
29 March, Sunday,
3pm to 9pm!
Only S$18 nett per couple.
 
To register, call +65 6559 6783
or
 
Address: 11 Canning Walk Singapore 178881
 
xoxo.

No comments :

Post a Comment