Jurong Point x Wardrobe U

Last week after work, I told SX, my fiancé, to drive me to Jurong Point for dinner & some shopping as it has been quite awhile since we both last shopped. Jurong Point is located between Boon Lay MRT station and bus interchange so it is really convenient if you are taking the public transport too.

As I live in the east, it is not often that I visit Jurong Point but whenever I do, I find myself getting lost in the mall for hours. First of all, the mall is extremely huge. It even has two wings, JP 1 and JP 2. So can you imagine it is like two shopping malls combined into one?


With more than 420 retail and food & beverage outlets, Jurong Point is a one-stop lifestyle hub that offers an array of merchandise, service and culinary delights!


We were both famished after work & as we were driving to Jurong Point, I was on my phone scrolling through the food choices there was in Jurong Point’s directory and was torn between the Japanese food street or Din Tai Fung.

& yes, the legendary fried rice won us over and we ordered a feast. 
Chili wonton, a soup & 2 mains! 

After filling up our tummies, it was time to get serious.
& by that, I mean, time for some serious shopping!!


The Box, #01-49 (JP2)


As you can tell, most of the apparels from this brand are of neutral shade with occasional pops of light blue. It is very minimalistic in my opinion, slightly leaning towards Korean fashion vibe.

I dress differently according to my mood and I seldom stick to one style so I was definitely able to relate to The Box’s style. 


This dress is definitely up my alley.
When I spotted it on the mannequin, I knew it would suit me! I love the whole mermaid skirt detail and I have at least 4 different dresses that have this cutting.

I think it is very flattering on ladies because it gives an illusion of shapeliness.  


This outfit that I put together is also something that I can see myself wearing.
The netted midi skirt adds on a little more character to the plain top which I tied around my waist to give it more definition. It is a casual yet fun outfit to wear.


SENSE, #01-62 (JP2)


SENSE is a shop for that I think all the OLs love. Office Ladies, I mean.
I was just flipping through racks and racks of clothing that I can imagine myself wearing to work. 


I took 4 pieces and happily went to try them on.


This first set, I really love.
The zipper on the skirt and the buttons on the top are just little details that make the outfit complete.
I like how feminine and demure I look, haha, perfect for my work environment where I need to be dressed more professionally on days where we have meetings.


This next outfit is one that I would purchase immediately.
The cutting of the pants is so flattering, I feel like my legs looks more slender and the top is pretty unique. 

I think SENSE does an excellent job at making professional work with a twist of trendiness. Dressing up for work does not have to be boring anymore!


Samsonite, #03-61 (JP2)


SX was in awe with the Marvel suitcases that was on display.
He is a huge fan of Marvel comics; I guess the child in us never goes away. 
& we both agreed that having these suitcases would be very useful when it comes to spotting your luggage on the belt.


This cute bag from Samsonite is made of high quality leather and I think it would go with most of my outfits.
It is even in similar shade as my current work bag.


I think this luggage would be great for travelling. The handle was great and easy on the wrist when I was maneuvering the luggage. & the quality of samsonite products is very durable. How would I know? Because I own 2 of their luggages! I was a flight attendant for 2 years and trust me, my bag was slammed, thrown and manhandled in the worst ways you can imagine but the luggage was still in working condition even after I left the airlines.


So, what does this mean?

You will not regret buying samsonite luggages because each piece can definitely last you for years.


& then we got teleported to the streets of Hong Kong.
Just kidding, but isn’t this so cool!
Jurong Point has this entire area that is created to resemble the bustling streets of Hong Kong.

& Hong Kong is also a shopper’s paradise, so I decided to pop into a few shops.



Buy Away, #03-75 (JP2)


This shop is legit like one of those shops in Hong Kong.
I was spoilt for choices with the amount of clothes they have in the shop.


When in doubt, just stick to black & white combinations, you’ll never go wrong.
This get up is one that I see myself wearing during the weekends for brunch! I especially like the cutting of the collars on the shirt.


& I also matched this pleated white top with navy striped skirt.
There were too many tops in Buy Away that I could have paired with this skirt & this was just 1 of them.
The nude bag is really cute too!


It also has an extensive range of accessories for you to jazz up your outfit with.


Sketchers, #01-16J/H (JP1)


If you have been following me on my Instagram, you’ll notice that I have a sudden obsession with sneakers recently. So when I arrived at Sketchers, my eyes were going back and forth the rows of sneakers on display, trying to zoom in on the ones that I fancy.


& let’s try them on!


This is my first time trying on Sketchers sneakers and they are so ultra comfortable. They also have a huge range of designs and all the colors are so pretty. I love pairing solid color outfits with brightly colored sneakers and let the shoes be the highlight of the outfit.


The store is really big, double the size as what you see in this picture, and I’m sure you’ll find something that you like!

So my shopaholic ladies, if you can’t get enough shopping with the 100 over fashion retailers at Jurong point, here’s some exciting news I need to share with you!

From 1 – 10 July 2016, you can look forward to first-to-launch island wide collections and enjoy discounts up to 75% off at Wardrobe U

Wardrobe U is a 10-day pop up fashion event at Basement 1 of JP1 and JP2.
It has over 20 fashion and accessories brands, with Jurong Point tenants as well as external merchants which will be peddling their goods at this event! The event space has been uniquely transformed into a 200m long walk-in wardrobe, housing the season’s latest fashion styles and best of all, there are discounts up to 75% off! You’ll definitely be able to find fashion forward items or style staples to build your dream wardrobe. Besides ladies’ fashion, there are also some menswear brands and kidswear brands too!

Here are the list of participating brands:
Aojialisi, Bega, Chomel, D.VER, The Dress Society, Kappa, K Fashion, Mimosa, La Philia, Mitju, Moon Fashion, New Future Jeans, Nu Jelly, Purpur, OiiyOO, Red Nine Fashion, SoooFun, Satement Muse, Vintage, VIP IMPEX, Yishion

& if you are the first 500 shoppers to spend S$100 (S$150 at partner merchants; max 2 combined same-day receipts) at Wardrobe U* and receive a S$50 fashion voucher.
*Terms and Conditions apply. Visit www.jurongpoint.com.sg/mallpromotions for more information.

Also, from 1 July – 31 August 2016, every $50 (maximum 2 combined same-day receipts) at any JP Fashion stores and/or Wardrobe U will receive one lucky draw chance in the Fashion e-draw. 1 lucky winner will walk away with $10,000 worth of JP gift vouchers. 

Enjoy shopping, ladies.

Do remember to head down to Jurong Point during the month of July if you are a shopaholic like me!

No comments :

Post a Comment