Shu Uemura x Mika Ninagawa


I've been missing out on almost all the Shu Uemura product launches because I am working and their events mostly take place during working hours. *pout*

So I'm always bummed to receive the email invitations knowing that I have to give it a miss due to my work. And most of the time Shu Uemura's events are super fun and big scale! 

But sweet Zee, who is the marketing person of Shu Uemura, would always tell me it's okay and that she will meet up with me separately to introduce the latest products to me or she will just surprise me by sending them to my doorstep.


So these were the latest collection that Shu Uemura had, which was a collaboration with Mika Ninagawa for Spring 2014.


Just some image I found off the web.

SO PRETTY RIGHT THE PACKAGING~~

Florals + candy like swirls. *melts*


Okay, time to get down to business!
Let me review the products now.


The above lip products are the new Tint in Gelato for Lip + Cheeks.

I was pretty apprehensive when I first read that it was meant for cheeks too. Because I really hate the sticky feeling of any liquid products on my skin so I saw this product, I thought the texture of it would be like a lip gloss.

But it is not at all sticky!

The product is not very thick and it dries with a rather velvety finish. 
Its like, there is still a little shine but it doesn't feel very creamy or anything.



Color code : CR 04



& now in a louder shade:

RED.


Color code: AT 01



Next up!

The eyeliner - Drawing Pencil.


These drawing pencils are super pigmented.
Color is so intense even when I apply with light pressure and guess what, it can last an entire day on my eyelids and no smudging at all!

I also enjoy using it because it glides onto my eyelids easily so I don't have to worry about any tugging which will lead to saggy skin!


See how rich the color payoff is?



& here I have the Shu Uemura eye shadow spiral duo and the POREraser UV underbase mousse.


This eye shadow duo is already a permanent resident in my makeup pouch because the colors are wearable on a daily basis and I can just apply it with my fingers. So in case there is any last minute appointment where I have to look slightly more presentable, I can just touch up my makeup with this!
*the pretty packaging scored some brownie points too!

Stay beautiful everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment